Well, I'm going to try to do better at updating our blog! I don't know why I don't update more often, especially since I consider this keeping a journal too - so I need to be better. Obviously my journaling skills are not very good!
:( Dawson got his first really boo-boo this week. :(
He was playing on our bed and was running to the end of the bed where my hope chest is and fell down. His mouth hit perfectly on the wood of the hope chest! His mouth quickly filled with blood. Luckily Jayson had the day off from work and was there with me because it took a little work for Dawson to calm down. He only let me look in his mouth once and I could kind of tell his teeth were in place but could see part of the gum above his top teeth was all messed up. It was yucky that's for sure. I called our dentist because I was worried that he could have done some serious damage to his teeth and mouth. The doc said to bring him in to make sure he didn't need stitches. This happened like 25 minutes before my friend Leanna was dropping off her little guy Cohen while she went a dr. appt too! By the time Leanna & Cohen got here Dawson was playing like nothing had happened!! He's a tough kid - he gets that from me!!
We did go to the dentist a hour or two later and everything was fine. The dentist called a pediatric dentist who said not to worry about stitches and that the gum should heal really well on its own. The gum above his top front teeth was totally sliced and even the gum was pulled off of his front teeth but the wound is healing well. Dawson hasn't slowed down one bit! He still climbs on everything and still wants to play on the bed! We try to remind him that he hurt his mouth and he needs to be careful. He just looks at us like we're crazy! He's doing so good, that he even stayed in Nursey all by himself today at church! He's about one week away from being 18 months, so this is a good start!
Other than Dawson attacking my hope chest with his mouth, life has been pretty normal. Jayson's parents came to Boise yesterday and Dawson and I got to spend some time with them! Dawson loves his Grandpa Arrington so much! He would not let him out of sight the whole time. It's really cute and makes me happy that Dawson loves Grandpa so much even though we don't get to see them as often as we'd all like. He finally did let Grandma hold him for a bit just before they left! I think he's saving good times for Grandma when he gets bigger!!
He's a grandpa's boy!
Jayson is busy, busy, busy with school and work. He's also a ward missionary in our ward and is busy with that. He's just busy! But not so busy that we haven't been able to watch The Office!!
I'm almost 31 weeks!! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going! I'm due Dec. 16th and do not want to be Christmas shopping in December so I almost have all of it done. We've got some rearranging to do in our house to switch Dawson into another room. I've been "nesting" and switching the rooms and still doing the bookkeeping work and being MOM (which is my favorite!) It's exciting that we're getting closer to the arrival of Creed, but THANKFUL that we still have time to get more stuff done!
3 comments:
Hey! Dawson is super cute! I can't believe how big he is :) Anyway-- I was just leaving a comment to tell you I'll be in the boise area on Halloween, so if you are in town, give me a call. Looks like your fam is doing well-- only a little longer until your new edition. keep in touch!
Hello! Dawson is SO cute! Can't wait to meet Creed! Are you guys coming down for Thanksgiving?? Can't miss out on the Snicker Salad when you're pregnant you know! :)
Get on the ball already, I like hearing what you guys have been up to (although I would rather not read about bloody accidents!). So when are we doing lunch? We need to get on the ball and plan something before 31 weeks turns into 40 and all your spare time vanishes!
Post a Comment